"V For Vendetta"
A Parable about the 'Everlasting Sign' AND the 'Pentecost Nation'!
This appears to be a message to those who are being called to recognize that the "Everlasting Sign in the Desert" and the "Pentecost Nation" are two BIG global-impact events that occur within a one year time period!
Here are some of the important points made in this movie:
- "V" is another metaphor for the Leviticus 23 "Holyday Plan" in that it focuses on the relationship between the fulfillments of Holyday #2 and Holyday #3... both in the sequence and the timing of these 2 BIG events.
- After the "Old Bailey" building is blown up on November 5, a nation-wide broadcast goes out proclaiming its significance, and a "call" goes out for the people to "gather" one year later to re-establish proper government, to build a new "nation". Does this not fit the pattern of the Holyday #2 miracle in the desert (Day 49) being the "call" (Isa 55.5) to gather one year later on Holyday #3, Pentecost (Day 50), to establish the "Pentecost Nation" (Isa 51.3-5)?
- As Holyday #1 was fulfilled on Passover, it is likely that Holyday #2 will be fulfilled on the Last (7th) Day of Unleavened Bread (Day 49 as 7x7 in prophetic time corresponding to the period covering the 7 church eras of Rev 2 and 3). Then it is also likely that Holyday #3 will be fulfilled on Pentecost, one year later (Day 50). Is it just a "coincidence" that this one year time period is in this movie version of "V"? Ps 65.11 also has a reference to this same one year period of miraculous blessing, calling it "the year of Thy bounty".
- The emphasis on the number "5" is throughout the movie and the original work. "5" in the Bible stands for "grace". "11" (November" stands for "disorder" and "disintegration". The forces of darkness are planning to create a "New World Order" out the the chaos it perpetrates. However, the Creator laughs at those plans (Ps 2.4) and will instead create a period and a place of "grace" in the desert for His People (Isa 35.1-10).
Moreover, notice that the number "55" is also coded into this movie. Not only is 11 x 5 = 55, but there are 55 "V"s in V's introduction to Evey. This deliberate use of the numbers "5" and "55" is fully explained on the following website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta_(film). Here is a quote from it:
V's introduction to Evey, begins and ends with "V" and contains 55 "V"s. (Fifty-five is the product of 11 and 5, similar to the Fifth of November.)
Here is V's introduction that contains the 55 "V"s:
"Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-a-vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
The numbers "5" and "55" are very important clues that we should pick up on. Is it just a coincidence that Isaiah 55 is the key chapter describing an invitation to come to a place that is not charging people for anything (no "commerce" allowed), that a "call" will go out to come together as a "nation" (Isa 55.5), and that it will be a time of universal "grace" (5) and healing (Isa 55.6-7) for people of all races and nations that are willing to gather to establish it?
Furthermore, this fulfillment in the Pentecost Nation is also intended as a "type" and a source of hope for the "grace" that the survivors of the Great Tribulation will receive in the wilderness (Jer 31.1-2). This hope will help many of them to hang on until the Messiah returns to deliver them from captivity in Europe and around the world (Jer 30.7; 16.14-15)
- "In the beginning" of the movie, Evey is attacked and abused by facist government agents. Evey is a symbol of the true church. The church is being trampled underfoot by the authorities of this world (Isa 51.23). But the time will soon come when a "Savior" will appear and intervene to deliver the church, educate it in the truth, and empower it to stand up and rule as a kingdom (Isa 52.1-3; Micah 4.6-7,13).
- The movie relates the importance of "symbols". Symbols can become a source of hope, and a "sign" to know the path to follow. This is why the Creator will provide an "Everlasting Sign" in the desert (Isa 55.13) so that we will know when and where to go for the "gathering" (Ps 107.1-7; Zeph 2.1-2). Perhaps the "Stop Sign" (the symbol on this website's home page depicting the Annual Holydays) is what can become the symbol for the "Pentecost Nation", as well as for the Annual Holydays!
- The collapse of the government buildings is similar to the collapse of the walls of Jericho (Joshua 6). It is significant that the walls of Jericho collapsed on the "Last (7th) Day of Unleavened Bread", Holyday #2! Will we likewise perform an act of faith and obedience that "encircles" the place that the Creator will deliver into our hands for our use and provision? Just like the masked "persons" gathered to witness the collapse of the Parliament buildings and gain encouragement from this "sign", some of us will "gather" to witness the "miraculous transformation of the desert" (Isa 55.13). However, unlike the movie, it will be a sign of "creation" - not of "destruction" - so the "authorities" have nothing to fear from this event, or from us. We are proclaiming peace and good news (Isa 52.7) and that the Creator is in charge of all events on this planet! This rise of the "Pentecost Nation" is the last hope for America (Jer 18.6-8 ) and the world (Mt 24.22).
- At the "gathering" the real living men and women will appear, and take off the "masks" of the world of fiction and fraud, and fulfill their "calling" to be the "Holy People", the "Pentecost Nation", the "Kingdom of Priests" (Ex 19.4-6; Rev 5.9-10). They will reject the system based on fear, commerce and competition, and adopt the system based on love, serving and cooperation, and fulfill the example set by the early church (Acts 2.44-45; 4.32-37) as a witness to the entire world that the Creator's way of life works, even as it did in the Garden of Eden before mankind rebelled.
- In "V", it was very important that the people were "tuned in" and "listening" in order to hear the TV broadcast. Likewise, we today need to be awake and alert enough to "hear" the "call" (Isa 55.5) when it goes out. Like in the movie, no one will be able to stop this "miracle message" from going out!
My intuition is that the Creator is using this movie to prepare us to receive the "call" when it goes out. Then we will know when and where to gather to establish a new government - the "Pentecost Nation" - as His People.